Prayer is at the centre of our activities in Wigginton Parish with Prayer Ministry offered after the 10.30 am service on the last Sunday of the month, together with a prayer board for prayer requests.
Monthly one hour Guided meditations are offered at Spital Chapel from 11 am to 12.00 noon on alternate Tuesdays and Thursdays. Everyone welcome.
Post a Prayer — Prayer Box available in churchyard.
OVER 60s CLUB
• The Over 60s Club was the brainchild of Bob Jones who thought that the older generation deserved a club of some kind. It proved popular from the start and there are now over 70 members.
• At each meeting our Chairman gives notices of forthcoming events, days out and our organised holidays. Members are always asked for any ideas or suggestions of places to visit.
• We start each meeting with a prayer of thanks for the fellowship, friendship and caring that is so much part of the Over 60s club.
• We book a speaker for each of our meetings and presentations are always interesting.
• We choose a charity to support each year and fund raise throughout the year, usually garnering between £500 and £1000.
• A newsletter, containing reminders of events, birthday greetings etc is compiled and printed each month and given to every member as they arrive.
• We always have a welcome cup of tea and a biscuit when the speaker is finished and we have a tea rota where members volunteer to take turns.
• We keep a register each month as members arrive, taking one pound from everyone, part of which goes towards the charity and £20 to one lucky winner every month.
Contact John Cobley. Tel: 01827 708737
We meet on the last Friday of each month at 2.30 in the Parish Centre, Wigginton.
WIGGINTON MOTHERS' UNION
• Part of Lichfield Diocese.
• We at Wigginton follow Mothers' Union worldwide Christian beliefs.
• We meet on the 2nd Thursday of each month.
• Meetings start at 7.30 pm in Parish Centre adjacent to St. Leonard's.
• We share worship, then follow a variety of activities from craft to listening to speakers.
• We support Burton hospital premature baby unit, the Pathway project and an orphanage in Malawi as well as Mothers' Union projects.
• Friendly relaxed atmosphere.
• New members always welcome.
• Small annual subscription.
Contact: Janet Smith email@example.com
JAM Club (Jesus And Me)
• Children are very important to us St. Leonard's and we are committed to the welfare, nurturing and safekeeping of the children. Children are part of the church today and have much to give as well as receive and we respect the wishes and feelings of our children.
• All our leaders and helpers are trusted adults and have been DBS checked.
• We meet every Sunday at the Family Service at 10:30.
• During the service we go into the church hall where we get involved in our crafts etc.
• If the whole family can't make it then why not speak to Lynn or the duty sidespeople to ensure that your child can attend JAM club allowing you to pick them up afterwards?
• We would love you to come along and see what it is all about and have some fun.
• We have many children who attend our CofE School St. Leonard's, Ashcroft and Flaxhill schools and who join us for our club and take an active part in our family services and our half term activities.
Contact Lynn Freeman-07960 664 285
MEN'S BREAKFAST GROUP
Same old boring breakfast? Come and enjoy some banter and breakfast — with an ethical twist!
• We offer companionship, worship and ethical debate.
• Gentlemen from Wigginton parish team up with friends from the Mease Valley churches.
• Everyone has the opportunity to lead our meetings, facilitating discussion, or lead our worship....we are not a clergy-led group.
• We are now meeting at The Red Lion Pub, Lichfield Road, Hopwas B78 3AF You'll be most welcome!
• We aim to meet on the 1st Saturday of each month at 10.00am, (however the date sometimes changes due to prior diary commitments of participants). See this website's Calendar Page for Next Month's meeting.
Want to learn more?
Come along or contact Vic Morris 01543 306724 firstname.lastname@example.org for details of the next meeting.
Since its beginning, the Men's Breakfast Group has raised over £250 which has been equally divided amongst 5 charities:
Staffordshire Neurological Alliance
Motor Neurone Disease Association
Medcines Sans Frontieres
Cancer Research UK